This session is an introduction to DrupalVM and help you to get up and running with it. What is a good Drupal development environment? It should be able to do the following:
- It should mirror the server environment the site will be hosted on. So most of the time best would be Linux.
- It should be platform-agnostic. So a virtual machine should be best. Run it on windows, run it on a mac, develop on Atari, if you are so inclined
- All members of the team shold work on the same environment
- It would be nice if you would not have to build it yourself. Vagrant and Docker are nice, but who has the time?
- Integrating Stuff like XHProf, local mail testing, Drush, you name it is great. Can I get this without any effort?
- It should be possible to have as many vhosts/projects as you want
- Running multiple instances for different PHP versions would be nice and is sometimes required
- Last not least I want to use native Development tools on my Mac or Windows machine: PHPstorm, a git GUI etc.
All this can be done with DrupalVM
It is a bit harder to set up than Mamp or Wamp or Xampp, but totally worth it.
Dropbox Link to Session Slides / sample config.yml